January 13, 2012

Ten Paces & Draw

Here's to blogging again--I'm gonna do it, really! My big life update from my summer absence is that I am now a totally employed graphic artist, designing in Kohl's kid's department. In just a few months my first pieces will be rolling out in stores... more on that come summer.

This week, however, was Teen Movies week on the kick ass blog Ten Paces and Draw. If you're not familiar with the site, it's a blog where illustrators sketch on a specific theme each week, swap sketches, and then finalize another artist's sketch. Quite brilliant.

I had a big 'ol list of teen movies I wanted to pay tribute to (or rather, I wanted some other illustrator to pay tribute to) but I ended up sketching the Maitlands from Beetleguise, because they're just sexy like that.

 And here's the final piece, finished by the awesome-sauce illustrator Victor Melendez. I am in love with the final.  In love!





1 comment:

  1. Hey Abigail,
    Thank you for the awesome sketch! I had a blast doing this illustration. And I'm glad you liked it.
    V

    ReplyDelete