October 7, 2009

The Evolution of Milwaukee

This was regarding an article about the Visual Resources class MIAD offers, where Communication Design students go out and work for companies in the area. The students get valuable real world experience and something great to put on their resume, while the companies get good, cheap labor.

Tight Sketch

The first version of my final art, which I disliked greeeeatly.


My final art. Luv!


The art we actually went with for the article. I don't love it as much as I did my original final art- in my opinion MIAD is a lot harder to see in this version (something that was mentioned in critique-- I had to grit my teeth through the suggestion to stop from telling my designer "There was a REASON it was there before") and I felt like the dotted lines in the previous version made it a lot cuter and more light hearted.


No comments:

Post a Comment