September 8, 2010

A Happy Belated Birthday To Me

This is the second to last batch of pictures I'm posting before we get to the fun stuff: the wedding! Of course, I still have to upload and edit those pictures, but I'm hoping to get around to that tomorrow. These are some of the highlights from my birthday celebration with the fam, including my birthday loot (not pictured are me going to see Crowded House last Sunday at the House of Blues in Chicago :) ).

My mom always makes the best cakes- this one was frilly (get it? tu-tu, two-two?) and the inside was pink and strawberry flavored. I just finished the last piece last night.

The side read "HIP HIP HEERAY!"

Mom telling Dad that he is going to ruin the blender if he fills it full with ice and frozen strawberries and then expects it to blend.

Twenty-two candles... on a cake... on a Lazy Susan... we're lucky we didn't burn the house down.

A jewelry box from the 1920's from my parents. Look at the tiny deer!

All sorts of goodies from the aunts (and Chuck). An old letter A for my name wall, an Avon bottle in the shape of a cupcake, a few different editions of Alice in Wonderland, and the thing I'm most excited to complete and put up in my room: a Home Sweet Home embroidery kit from the '70s. (It's under the sewing magazine with the kitties.)

1 comment: