May 31, 2010

Garage Sale Season

Here are my two top finds from the last couple of weeks:

1. A Lucite napkin holder from the shop Dragonfly down on Brady. It's price was a little more than I wanted to spend (especially considering one corner had been busted and glued back together sans a couple pieces) but I couldn't pass it up. When I was little I had absurd dreams of a sunflower themed kitchen and this fit way too perfectly into my seven year old-self's dream world!

2. This excellent example of kitschy art that will have a proud spot on my bedroom wall once I'm done rearranging everything. The dowel that the owl is perched on looks oddly new (though I'm sure it isn't, it would be nigh impossible to shove it in there with that frame on) so I think I might try and stain it so it isn't quite the sore thumb. I'm sure it was from some pattern, because I'm fairly certain I've seen an identical one on The Dainty Squid's blog. I picked it up with my parents in this old woman's garage for mere pocket change.

2 comments:

  1. a) How goes the Great Room Purge of 2011?

    b) You will make me a sunflower cake in your sunflower kitchen one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. a) At the moment, I'm at a stand still because my parents want to rip out the carpeting (so the room won't smell so musty, being technically underground) but they can't find anyone to put tile down.

    b) I'll probably make one before then, too.

    ReplyDelete