September 11, 2009

Reads: The Time Traveler's Wife

Before I give this book its stellar grade I'd like to give a shout out of praise to my boyfriend Benjamin for dealing with me every time I was reading and began sobbing in public on the bus, and in my studio at eight in the morning, and also for taking me (somewhat) seriously when I instructed him to never ever get his feet amputated. He rocks.

Rating: 4.88 out of 5
Obviously, I loved this book. Along with Carol Goodman's The Lake of Dead Languages and Clive Barker's Abarat, it will gladly be listed off whenever people ask what some of my favorite books were. I think a lot of my love for it had to do with where I am right now in my life as a 21 year-old girl in the midst of a long distance relationship. I could relate perfectly to the main character Clare while she waited for Henry to appear again, counting down the days until the next day on the list he'd given her. (Speaking of which, less than a month until I see Benj again!) There was plenty of sprinklings of sex, ups and downs, and a cover photograph that is ingenius. Good book. I haven't seen the movie yet, so shut yo trap.

No comments:

Post a Comment